To give you an idea of the scope of the book, here is a condensed table of contents:
- How your memory works
- Numerical systems - single, double and triple digits
- Tips for memorising effectively
- Memo for general knowledge and in school - speed reading, history, dates, languages, geography, first aid, maths
- Memo everyday - appointments, weekly agendas, birthdays, anniversaries, speeches, jokes, job interviews and parking the car
- Names and Face
- Memory tricks and competitions
- Other memory methods - story method, link method, acronyms, mnemonic devices
- Myths about memory
- Profiles and World Records
This book has some practical techniques which can be applied to many aspects of your life. I have already learnt a few number systems so I won't be learning more. However I am going to memorise more journeys for memorising birthdays, my schedule and a general 'to do' journey.
1. Read an interview at Memory Sports
2. Visit the website of Oddbjørn By where you can watch videos, order books and learn more.